To KD&R is now almost the only way to build a new home in the established suburb you would like to live. Demolishing a house, especially one that may have been the family home, is a difficult emotional decision. However, it is one that none of our many clients who have undertaken the process have regretted. They now have a wonderful new Garth Chapman home.
REASONS TO KNOCK DOWN AND REBUILD
- Unavailability of land in your favourite suburb.
- You want to live in a brand new home closer to the city rather than the outer suburbs.
- You want to create a more valuable property when it comes time to sell.
- You want a home with less maintenance issues into the future.
- Building a new home generally costs less than half the cost per square metre compared to renovating an old house. Even if renovation is slightly cheaper in your case the increased value of having a new home will often more than compensate for the difference.
- You have now found a building group who can provide you with a better looking, more efficient, more lifestyle friendly, and higher value home. J The Garth Chapman team is experienced in assisting you from start to finish. We can project manage the entire process or we can just point you in the right direction until it is time to start building, or anywhere in between.
REASONS NOT TO RENOVATE
- 99% of people renovate only once! There are very good reasons for not repeating the pain of this process.
- An old house will always be an old house – Therefore no matter how many hundreds of thousands of dollars you spend on that post war house – a post war house it will remain.
- Old Foundations – At their foundation older style houses were built when soil tests and engineers were not required. They are thus more susceptible to movement due to changing soil conditions. It is very expensive to repair this.
- Stress – Renovating is stressful. Full Stop. There are so many unknowns, client decisions that need to be made on the run, mess, time delays, cost increases, “that’s not how I thought it would look”, unknown tradespeople in your house, arguments with your partner, and on the list goes.
- Design – You will have to make compromises in regard to the design to fit in with the bones of the house. It is difficult for the lay person to know what is really achievable. Many a dream has been shattered by practicality. This will have an impact on your lifestyle, the future value, and / or the energy efficiency of the property. The visual streetscape, crucial to the value of the property, will never be as good as a new Garth Chapman home will be.
- Cost – The final cost of a renovation is rarely known until after the whole job is complete. In the initial quote process often many items are not included in the price. Often this is because the Builder can’t price the unknown
REASONS TO RENOVATE
- Your home is a character home that is not permitted to be removed.
- Your home only requires a minor renovation.
- You are a carpenter or a builder and can undertake the majority of tasks yourself.